Natural Home Made Scrubs for a Clean and Clear Skin
Scrubbing – Important for Skin’s Health
The presence of dead cells in all types of skin is a common phenomenon, and the best option to get rid of it is to follow a regular scrubbing plan. Scrubs form an integral part of skin care treatment, be it in a beauty salon or home. If you already have acne and is undergoing any acne treatment; you must have been recommended to use a gentle scrubber. However, if you have active acne; then scrubbing is a complete no as it aggravates the problem. Instead, alcohol-free toner or rose water would be useful. Scrubs have some minute granules that when massaged into the skin gently, removes the dead cells that accumulate on the upper layer of your skin to make it look dark and patchy.
Here are some excellent home-made scrubs that are being used globally and have shown positive results in majority of the cases:
- Banana Scrub – Ripe bananas works as a good scrubber. Just take two ripe bananas, mash them and add a teaspoon of grounded sugar to the banana paste. You can also mix a spoon of honey to it for moisturizing the skin. Then gently massage the pulp in a circular motion on the skin for five minutes and wash off with cold water.
- Honey-orange scrub – Take equal amounts of oats and orange peel powder and then mix with one tablespoon of honey. Make a thick paste by adding a little water and apply on a well-cleansed skin with gentle upward and circular strokes. Keep this on your face for about 10 minutes and then rinse well. If you have oily skin, do not moisturize after using this scrub.
- Curd and papaya scrub – Take two tablespoons of hung curd. Add half a cup of ripe and mashed papaya and a few drops of lemon juice and then one tablespoon of honey to it. Use the mixture as a scrub in gentle circular motions and let it dry for five minutes. Finally, rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Lemon Scrub – This is an excellent homemade scrub for a face as well as hands and feet. You can use it to fade out stretch marks as well. Cut one lime into two slices and then hold both the halves in your hands, dipping it into powdered sugar. Then scrub those lime pieces on your face, hands or legs for around five minutes. Overuse of lemon scrub is not recommended for the skin as it can be a little harsh on the sensitive layer of the skin.
- Coffee Scrub – The grounded coffee remains works as an excellent exfoliating agent. Add few coffee grounds to your mild cleanser and massage your face with circular strokes. Let it stay for 5 minutes and wash off. The presence of caffeine content in coffee scrub enhances blood circulation, fades away wrinkles and age spots as well.
The right method of scrubbing
- Firstly, splash water on your face and take one tablespoon scrub on your palm.
- Gently start massaging on your skin of the face and neck area. Avoid the skin around your eyes.
- Make use of gentle strokes for massaging and that too in upwards and circular motion. Do not apply too much pressure and never scrub more than two minutes. The strokes can be a little stronger in the T-zone area of the face.
Scrubbing is essential to have a glowing and clean skin. You can now make your scrub at home and enjoy a healthy and affordable way of maintaining a youthful skin.